Monday 2 April 2018

Aussie Hero Requests 2 April


Hi all
A huge slightly late Happy Easter to everyone. I hope you have had a relaxing and enjoyable time. 

For anyone in Melbourne… I am making a flying trip down there next weekend and have just got time to squeeze in afternoon tea at Caroline’s home on the Saturday afternoon.   All the details can be found here…
The invitation is open to those who sew for us and also to recipients.   I have one very special recipient coming who had a very special story to share with us.  If you would like to come, check out the details in the link and then email me. It would be great to see you there.

Priority items
Numbers 3-11 really need to be in the mail by April 30 in order to be sure they will make it to their recipients in time.   It would be wonderful if you could look at these requests when choosing one to make if you possibly can please.

Email me if you have any questions regarding them.

Post by Date
The post by date for ALL items other than the priority requests on this list is 7 May please.
PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.
 PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag. 

For example….
Marvel Theme. Ironman     M       LB      1

This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste please copy the line out as follows…  

The first column is the theme or preferences requested.
The second column indicated the gender of the recipient.
The third column is as follows.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

The last column with the number is a simple registration number for me to use… it is only relevant for this week only and will change if the request is still on the list next week. Once you have received the recipient’s details you will need to use those to refer to the recipient from then on if need be.


If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
If you don’t understand what people are asking for or where to get some of the bits and pieces then please ask me but the following might also be helpful.

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.

Rising Sun, RAAF Crest, Navy Crest, Coat of Arms, HMAS Warramunga crest and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.

 I have Afghanistan Flags I can send you… other flags are either easy to piece or can be printed… ask me.

If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I can get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.

 I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.

 Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Jan-Maree 




Random LBs for HMAS Success - need to be posted to Jan-Maree

LB
1
Planes, paramotors, paragliding (I have two photos to send you) and my name please.
 
F
LB
1
I enjoy 4wding, camping and hiking.
M
LB
1
Aussie theme
M
LB
1
ACT Brumbies rugby team
Collingwood football club
I am from the Royal Australian Artillery.
(JMB will send you a badge) can I please have FTR on my bag.
M
LB
1
Green and gold or Australian colours with Rising Sun
M
LB
1
Gym
M
LB
1
Irish, Shamrock
M
LB
1
Green or Blue theme, Marvel Super Heroes
M
LB
1
Maroon, White, Rugby League, State of Origin, QLD, RAAF, Aircraft, Lightning bolt
M
LB
1
RAAF, jets, military, lightning bolt
M
LB
1
Queenslander, hence maroon colours are always good.   Love watching all football codes, and play golf
M
LB
1
I like Knights, Princesses, Magic, Fantasy
I appreciate the efforts of the quilters
M
LB
1
Poppy panel with Rising Sun and Working Dog silhouette and "FSE - 8
MAR-OCT 2018"
F
LB
1
The Simpsons
F
Q
2
TAJI symbol - Green
M
Q
3
Rick and Morty cartoon theme
M
Q
5
NSW Rugby league - the Blues
M
Q
6
cowboys NRL/great northern beer
M
Q
7
transformers
M
Q
8
manchester united - red and yellow
M
Q
9
A German Panzer VI Tiger Tank
M
B
10
Superman
M
Q
11
Favourite colours are black and red. Likes NRL and goes for the Cowboys.
M
Q
12
Regimental Badge, TG632 Badge, Manly Seaeagles emblem, GWS Giants emblem, Western Sydney Wanderers emblem, Komodo Dragon, grey colour
M
Q
13
NATO HKIA ROLE 2 KABUL AFGHANISTAN 2018,"DENTAL TEAM"   RAADC CORPS BADGE, POPPIES, AUSSIE FLAG& AFGHANISTAN FLAG (BRIGHT COLOURS)
F
Q
14
Red, white and blue Aussie Beach theme
M
Q
15
QLD
M
Q
16
Red Cross, HKIA ROLE 2- KABUL 2018 (NO PINK PLEASE)
F
Q
17
Rising Sun, Red Cross, "KABUL-AFGHANISTAN 2017-2018" AUSTRALIAN THEME
M
Q
18
Beige background, red kangaroo (similar to our shirt)
M
Q
19
May I please request just something that has the Super Hero theme or OP Accordion. Possibly blue or red  but colour isn't an issue. Thank you!
M
B
20

Sydney Swans colours -red and white
M
Q
22
red, white, black, poppies. Military theme
F
B
23
May I please request just something that has the RAN or OP Accordion. Possibly blue or green but colour isn't an issue. Thank you!
F
Q
24
Favourite colour green but any bright colours are good. Hobby/sport basketball. Favourite fabric designer is Heather Ross
M
Q
25
Black/Red/Green top 3rd
Words "Operation Highroad 2018"
Australian White Ensign flag, across centre 3rd
Snow capped Mountains with blue sky bottom 3rd
M
B
26
I love Harry Potter. If not Harry Potter I like bright colours and my hobbies are reading and puzzles of all kinds.
F
Q
27
Nature themes, Palm Trees and / or bush tracks , or seaside themes (thank you
M
Q
28
Has a 7 year old son, loves pink, very girly, the ocean,
F
Q
29
first deployment, loves pink and her two gorgeous dogs, photos and names available.
F
Q
30
Boxing kangaroo and RAAF crest or Australia flag
M
Q
31
Rising Sun, Aussie Flag, red kangaroo,  Words - EAST TIMOR, IRAQ, SINAI, and AFGHANISTAN, small owl somewhere on the quilt ( to represent my wife).  Poppies as the border please.
M
Q
32
Colourful… elephants (cute ones please)
F
B
33
Peter Rabbit
M
Q
34
North Queensland Cowboys.
State of origin - Queensland
Fishing.
American football and basketball.
Favourite colour is green.
M
B
35
NZ Fern,
M
Q
36
NQ Cowboys
F
Q
37
Hawthorn
F
Q
39
Royal Australian Engineers themed Quit and Laundry bag in predominantly red and blue (the RAE has a red blue red blue red striped pattern). Can you also include the words East Timor, Afghanistan,Banda Aceh Iraq
M
B
40
Motorbikes, Music
M
Q
41
Boston Celtics Basketball team
M
Q
42
Gym (arnold achwarzenegger), 4wd, country themed
M
Q
43
Valiant chargers, other muscle cars
M
Q
44
Black grey and orange Dragon
F
Q
45
RAAF Crest, simple plain colours - with quote.. JM will send you the embroidered quote to include
F
Q
46
acoustic guitar, darker colours.
M
Q
47
All things Disney (including Mickey/Minnie and Disney princesses.) - loved by all the family
M
Q
48
Red,Purple,Planes,Flying,Soccer,RAAF,
M
B
49
Blue, Green, Video Games, Computers, Cartoons, Anime, RAAF
M
B
50


No comments:

Post a Comment