Monday 9 April 2018

Aussie Hero Quilts Request List 9 April 2018


Hi all

Well what an amazing weekend I had in Melbourne. I will catch you up as soon as I can write it up on the blog or you can check some of it out on our Facebook page.

I am trying really hard to get us a little bit ahead because I move house in 5 weeks and we are doing it over a couple of weeks.   For those weeks we won’t be having sewing days here in WPH and that will slow our output down.  I know we are only one group here is WPH, but we take on a lot of the last minute quilts.  Any help getting these priority ones done or some of the others would be wonderful.

Priority items
Numbers 3-11 really need to be in the mail by May 14 in order to be sure they will make it to their recipients in time.   It would be wonderful if you could look at these requests when choosing one to make if you possibly can please. 
Email me if you have any questions regarding them.
Post by Date
The post by date for ALL items other than the priority requests on this list is 14 May please.
PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.
 PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag. 
For example….
Marvel Theme. Ironman     M       LB      1

This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste please copy the line out as follows…  

The first column is the theme or preferences requested.
The second column indicated the gender of the recipient.
The third column is as follows.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

The last column with the number is a simple registration number for me to use… it is only relevant for this week only and will change if the request is still on the list next week. Once you have received the recipient’s details you will need to use those to refer to the recipient from then on if need be.


If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
If you don’t understand what people are asking for or where to get some of the bits and pieces then please ask me but the following might also be helpful.

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.
Rising Sun, RAAF Crest, Navy Crest, Coat of Arms, HMAS Warramunga crest and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.
 I have Afghanistan Flags I can send you… other flags are either easy to piece or can be printed… ask me.
If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I can get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.
 I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.
 Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Jan-Maree 


We have another chaplain’s course starting in a few weeks. We need a laundry bag made for each chaplain with their service crest ( from Jan-Maree) and their initials.  There is not much time so special appeal to anyone with an embroidery machine who does not mind the sewing as well.  That would cut down on post time. All laundry bags need to be sent to me by 29 April at the latest please.
 As advised
LB
1
Planes, paramotors, paragliding (I have two photos to send you) and my name please.
 
F
LB
1
ACT Brumbies rugby team
Collingwood football club
I am from the Royal Australian Artillery.
(JMB will send you a badge) can I please have FTR on my bag.
M
LB
1
Irish Heritage (shamrocks, leprechauns or a pint of Guinness)

Skippy badge and Rising Sun
M
LB
1
Rising Sun
HKIA 2018
Very patriotic
would love anything ANZAC,
M
LB
1
Random LBs for HMAS Success - need to be posted to Jan-Maree

LB
1
Aussie flag
M
LB
1
Maroon, White, Rugby League, State of Origin, QLD
M
LB
1
RAAF, jets, lightning bolt
M
LB
1
Red, Black, Skulls
M
LB
1
Royal Australian Engineers-predominantly red and blue (the RAE has a red blue red blue red striped pattern).
M
LB
1
Blue, Aircraft, Military,
M
LB
1
I like Knights, Princesses, Magic, Fantasy
I appreciate the efforts of the quilters
M
LB
1
Poppies with Rising Sun and Working Dog silhouette and "FSE - 8
MAR-OCT 2018"
F
LB
1
 Aussie Flag, Thank you, love the work!!!
M
LB
1
Southern Cross with the Australian Coat of Arms (JM can send the coat of arms.)
M
LB
1
Aussie Flag
M
LB
1
Western Bulldogs Logo
F
LB
1
QLD
M
Q
3
Camping, Guitar, the Navy, Green and Blue colours, Canberra Raiders.
M
Q
4
Rugby, Great Northern Beer, eating
M
Q
5
AFL, sports cars
M
Q
6
Beige background, red kangaroo (similar to their T shirt, I will send you a picture.. Very simple)
M
Q
10
fishing, 4x4ing, camping, red, blue, green, grey 
M
B
11
Favourite colour green but any bright colours are good. Hobby/sport basketball.
M
Q
12
Black/Red/Green top  "Operation Highroad 2018" Australian White Ensign flag,Snow capped Mountains with blue sky
M
B
13
I love Harry Potter. If not Harry Potter I like bright colours and my hobbies are reading and puzzles of all kinds.
F
Q
14
Nature themes, Palm Trees and / or bush tracks , or seaside themes (thank you
M
Q
15
Has a 7 year old son, loves pink, very girly, the ocean,
F
Q
16
Rising Sun, Aussie Flag, red kangaroo,  Words - EAST TIMOR, IRAQ, SINAI, and AFGHANISTAN, small owl somewhere on the quilt ( to represent my wife).  Poppies as the border please.
M
Q
17
North Queensland Cowboys.
State of origin - Queensland
Fishing.
American football and basketball.
Favourite colour is green.
M
B
18
I am a nurse so nursing colours would be awesome. Scarlet and grey. I also love poppies. It would be amazing if you could put the nursing coprs badge on it too but that would be a bonus.
f
B
19
NZ Fern,
M
Q
20
NQ Cowboys
M
Q
21
Hawthorn
F
Q
22
Motorbikes, Music
M
Q
23
Boston Celtics Basketball team
M
Q
24
Gym (arnold achwarzenegger), 4wd, country themed
M
Q
24
Valiant chargers, other muscle cars
M
Q
25
Black grey and orange Dragon
F
Q
26
acoustic guitar, darker colours.
M
Q
27
Red,Purple,Planes,Flying,Soccer,RAAF,
M
B
28
Blue, Green, Video Games, Computers, Cartoons, Anime, RAAF
M
B
29
Poppies, red and black
F
Q
30
Green or Blue theme, Marvel Super Heroes
M
Q
31
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers with ducks / hunting or green / japenese themed
F
B
32
Sydney Swans, AFL, Melbourne Storm
M
Q
33
Australian flag and Afghanistan flag 2018
M
Q
35
I love the colour pink, the beach is my happy place and I enjoy a wide range of watersports including surfing,. Swimming, kiteboarding, waterpolo and wakeboarding. Beautiful bright and happy pinks and blues please!
F
B
36
Fremantle - Beaches, Sand, Sun, Sunset, RAAF
F
B
37
Gallipoli, The ANZACS or the Last ANZAC,  The Rising Sun
Does this give you enough to work with?
M
B
39
Chess Pattern Black and White
M
Q
40
Hawthorn Hawks emblem incorporated with the southern cross all in the Hawks colours (Brown and Gold),Thank you, love the work!!!
M
Q
41
Rainforest scene, with Lorikeets, Green frogs and a Flamingo
F
B
42
Essendon Bombers, Rising Sun and Poppy's and the words "In Loving Memory of Cheryl Beer"
F
Q
43
Essendon Bombers, Rising Sun and Poppies,
M
B
44
Canterbury Bulldogs inccorporated with a Rising Sun and an Aussie Flag
F
B
46
 Dinosaurs safari - Go nuts, use your imagination. (Jurassic Park)
M
B
47
Aussie Flag
F
B
48
Unicorns "farting" rainbows
B
B
49
 Beach theme, Sunset, turtles and fishes and sea shells, blue and green tones  " FSE-8, Mar - Oct 2018"
F
B
50
Surfing, cooking flowers and blue and green include " FSE-8, Mar - Oct 2018"
F
B
51
Quilt, Cowboys and Broncos on a black background with a white southern cross
M
B
52
Blue - a simple quilt for himself with the his daughter's name on it please
M
B
53
Black, Blue, Red - Marvel/Movies/travelling
M
Q
54
Poppies with Rising Sun (which JM can send you) and "FSE - 8
MAR-OCT 2018"
F
Q
55
RAAF Flag, Australian Flag, UAE Flag, March - October 2018
M
B
56
Thai artwork and architecture and pirates.
I appreciate the efforts of the quilters
M
B
57
flags around the world  - I can send you some flags to use.
M
B
58
the rising sun and poppies and silhouette of soldier (at arms rest - ask JM) and "Lest We Forget' camels - A surprise quilt would be awesome and would fantastic to receive. Thank you
M
B
59
My favourite colour is purple. I also like bright colours. I love flowers and If you could get the Aussie flag on there somewhere that would be great!
Other then that I will be happy with a surprise.
F
B
60


No comments:

Post a Comment