Wednesday 8 March 2017

Updated Request List 8 March 17


Hi all

Well you guys are AMAZING!!!   I asked you to help out and share and you did not let me down. It is 1130pm as I write this and I have been answering emails, Facebook comments, and Private Facebook messages pretty much since the blog posted.  The post has been viewed over 35000 times, shared over 500 times and there have been soooo many comments.  Thank you. Lots of new quilters have jumped on board too. Thank you thank you thank you. 

I am updating the list to make it easier for everyone to see what requests are still available. Trust me, there are plenty... this is not even all of them.

So here we go... the updated request list.......

REMEMBER... you do not have to include EVERYTHING they have asked for.. they are not expecting you to.

NOTE – if you receive this via email DO NOT try to reply to me via email. You need to usefriendsofAHQ@gmail.com

Male and Female

To make it easier with my spreadsheet, you will see I have a new column.   Male is now denoted as M and female is .... surprise, surprise, F.    No more pink for girls.

Random laundry bags
Again, this is not a call for Random laundry bags but if you have made some and are waiting for me to give you names please let me know. It is really hard to keep track of things like this and so I am sure that some of you have slipped through the cracks .

Random Quilt tops
As above with the quilt tops. I am not calling for quilt tops but if you have one and are waiting for me to give you a name for it please let me know.  Once again, I am sure that some of you have slipped through the cracks.

Post By Date

The post by date for these quilts and laundry bags is 12 April please 

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag.  
For example….
- RAEME              M           LB           1D

This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste just let me know.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag

NOTE
Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.
Rising Sun and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.

If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I can get it embroidered and sent to you if you like to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.
I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.
Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.

A quick note… even if you check the request list every week, please take the time to skim over this preamble.  I edit it to make it relevant every week and I know that many of you are not reading it by the questions I am being asked. It takes you just a minute or two to scan it but takes me considerably longer to read and answer the emails I receive ….. please give me a hand in this. Your assistance is appreciated.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree


Aussie Flag, Red Kangaroo,  Afghan Flag colours
M
LB
1
7RAR Aussie and/or pig/boar themed 
M
LB
1
7RAR Aussie and/or pig/boar themed 
M
LB
1
Front NQ Cowboys on the front and GEORGE and the number 3 on the back
M
LB
1
Skeletor
M
B
2
 travelling as a family , The Simpsons, he adores his 2 sons and taking them on adventures, reading, horror/scary movies ie zombie apocalypse. 
M
B
3
Aussie Flag, Iraqi flag with E7-A in the middle and OP OKRA title on top.
M
Q
4
Fav Colour isBlue, Could I request the Australian Explosive Ordnance Disposal bomb as the main theam, with the Royal Australian Engineers badge, Rising Sun badge   included.  Can send you both badges and checking on EOD bomb.
M
Q
5
Port Adelaide (AFL), Carlton Dry, Afghan / Aust. Flag, cool gym design
M
B
6
Crows (AFL) Adelaide, 7 RAR, Corona, AFGHAN Flag. (suggested that he have his LB as the Afgan Flag)
M
B
7
Geelong Cats (AFL - Ford Brand, Bottom - Australian/ Afghan flag with H-KIA Kabul written under flag
M
B
8
Buddhist/Tibetan theme/orange
F
B
9
Minecraft
M
B
10
Orange and black colour, silouette of ship, Arunta patch or similar, navy crest  "Op Manitou Rotation 64 16/17"  I can have words and Navy crest embroidered and sent to you. 
M
Q
11
Perrente Lizard and Ship's Motto- "Conquer or Die" with children's names in Gold please 
M
Q
12
The Simpsons theme - Wording 'HMAS Arunta OP  MANITOU ROT 64'  I can have words embroidered and sent to you
M
B
13
Bayern Munich Football Club (red white and blue) German Bundesliga  simple logo, ask me.
M
Q
14
Arunta Ship's silhouette and perrente lizard Ship's patch in the centre with OP MANITOU ROT 64 below
M
B
15
Doctor Who theme with Wording "HMAS Arunta - OP Manitou Rotation 64"
M
Q
16
Mazda RX7 (1st Gen Series 1-3) Theme. Wording "HMAS ARUNTA - OP MANITOU ROTATION 64"
M
Q
17
The big Lez show themed
M
Q
18
David Bowie / Metallica
M
Q
19
"I miss you Harambe" Gorilla theme
M
B
20
Basketball
M
Q
21
Emu Export Beer Logo"HMAS Arunta OP MANITOU ROT 64 '16-'17" on bottom with small purple propeller underneath
M
B
22
Black Staffy and a blue Staffy (dogs)
M
Q
23
Nautical Theme - colours grey, white, pastel blue and green. Wording "HMAS Arunta - Op Manitou Rotation 64".
F
Q
24
Manchester United theme or Red and yellow  - Wording "HMAS Arunta Op Manitou Rot 64"
M
B
25
SCUBA diving theme with HMAS Arunta on the surface 
M
Q
26
Arsenal Football Club, English Premier League
M
Q
27
Quilt - Perrente Lizard and ship's motto "Conquer or Die". Orange and black in colour
M
Q
28
Light blue RAN themed with large white ensign and "HMAS Arunta Op Manitou"
M
Q
29
German Short Haired Pointer (Dog) and Babies or Landrover Defender I have embroideries I can send you for this one.
M
B
30
solar system and
(obviously) the Australian Army.
M
B
31
Skullls - lots of skulls please
M
Q
32
Likes blue, getting married later in the year. Has a chihuahua and a cavoodle, likes simple things, reading, books and music.
F
Q
33
Medical Red Cross, poppy, Military theme, Kabul Afghanistan placed onto quilt 
F
B
34
Harry Potter Theme 
F
B
35
ANZAC, poppies, for female thanks :)
F
Q
36
I would love a red cross on it, and something that signifies working with a health company for TAJI-4, Iraq
F
B
37
Australian Diamonds Netball /  netball in general  West Coast Eagles Football Club Surf Life Saving and the beach
F
Q
38
I would like a quilt to commemorate my time in the MER, and so would like to request an Arabian Nights style theme - e.g. sand dunes, silhouetted camels/Arabian style buildings, crescent moon/starry sky. TGT-IV emblem and my Tango number (T-372)
F
Q
39
Can I please get a medic/army one made potentially with red cross etc other than the red cross can it be in all darker colours- Dark green, blacks and browns
F
Q
40
NRL Manly Seaegles emblem, Ford Logo, Ford mustang, Australian Flag, Rising sun.
M
B
41
A classic/tradional county quilt (Blue/Green)
M
B
42
Beauty and the Beast.. Or princess or superhero
F
B
43
Essendon Bombers, Rising sun, Australian Flag
M
Q
44
NRL Melbourne Storms, Rising Sun, Australian Flag, 8595765
M
B
45
Interested in Travel and family activities.  Favourite colors yellow,blue.
F
Q
46
Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, The Emperor's New Groove, The Beatles 
M
B
47
Army, Poppy, Medical Theme, Afghanistan 2017 
M
B
48
Metallica Theme 
M
B
50
bright colours rainbows ships, cars and Minions
M
B
51
Monsters Inc
M
B
52
Harry Potter Theme
F
Q
53
Would it be possible to have a blanket made with a Dream Time theme
M
Q
60
Star Wars theme
M
Q
61
Simpson and his donkey,Anzacs, Taji theme.
M
Q
62
 Dachshuns and German Shepherds dark shade background.  Would his and his wife's name on quilt
M
B
63
Silhouette of kangaroo holding AK47
M
B
64
Greenbay Packers Logo (Helmet and Logo)
M
B
65
7RAR flag with FPE 7 bottom righthand corner
M
B
66
Caption Morgan logo
M
B
67
The Simpons "900 Dollery Doos"
M
B
68
Russell Coight - All Aussie Adventures
M
B
69
Rick and Morty full characters
M
B
70
"Kabul, Afghanistan - HQRS - FPE 7"
M
B
71
Aussie flag in army colours… green instead of blue, brown instead of red and tan instead of white with a 7RAR boars head if possible 
M
B
72
Canberra Raiders - NRL - Rugby League
M
B
73
Boxing Kangaroo wearing Slouch hat and "KABUL 2017" written beneath in yellow
M
B
74
Olive drab with black Australian Flag and "KABUL AFGHANISTAN - FPE 7"
M
B
75
blue, aircraft star wars, lego 
M
B
76
Anzac (Aus+NZ), 77SQN 
M
B
77
Ironman
M
Q
78
Ghost Busters (original)
M
Q
79
Chihuahuas. I have two short coat female chihuahuas, one chocolate in colour and the other a cream/blonde colour. The chocolate one is named Jude and the blonde one Grace. They mean the world to me and would love a quilt with them on it. 
F
Q
80



No comments:

Post a Comment