Monday 20 March 2017

Requests 20 March 17

NOTE... our new email system is up and running.  You should receive it sometime today, depending on when Clarissa has the time to organise it.
If you do not receive it and would like to please let me know. Remember you can opt out of it any time you like.


Hi all


NOTE – if you are checking the request list from the blog and if you receive the blog via email DO NOT try to reply to me via that email.  It will not work. You need to use friendsofAHQ@gmail.com

A quick note… even if you check the request list every week, please take the time to skim over this preamble.  I edit it to make it relevant every week and I know that many of you are not reading it by the questions I am being asked. It takes you just a minute or two to scan it but takes me considerably longer to read and answer the emails I receive ….. please give me a hand in this. Your assistance is appreciated.


PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag.  
For example….

Marvel Theme. Ironman
M
LB
1


This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste please copy the line out as follows…   Marvel Theme. Ironman  M  LB  1


Decoding Column three

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag


Novelty Stars – Red, white and blue stars please….

We have received lots of great Novelty Stars and I do not want to get more than we can use at the moment so no more this week please unless you have already got them cut out and ready to go.

If you would like to make some more stars then I have a quilt we need to make which I cannot share the details of for privacy reasons…

We need red, white and blue stars for this quilt.  If you would like to make some that would be great.  It does not matter if we get more than one quilt’s worth as red, white and blue always come in handy.
Please continue to use the tutorial shown here…. 

For this one we need the background squares to be blue, royal blue for preference, the centre square to be red and the points to be white.

Please post them to PO Box 248, Cherrybrook,  NSW  2126

Random Quilt tops/quilts

I am not calling for quilt tops or completed quilts specifically but if you have one and are waiting for me to give you a name for it please let me know. 

Post By Date

The post by date for all items on this request list is 24 April please.

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.


NOTE- please read this bit…. It might make some of the request easier for you…
Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.
Rising Sun and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.

If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I can get it embroidered and sent to you if you like to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.
I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.
Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.


Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree



I need 5 boxes of Aussie, Air Force, Masculine LBs please
M
LB
1
Walt Disney Princess characters (eg Jasmine, Ariel, Cinderella etc)
F
LB
1
Richmond football club
F
LB
1
Scottish and Aussie flags
M
LB
1
Collingwood
M
LB
1
 Aussie blokey masculine LBs with initials first group
M
LB
1
Aussie blokey masculine LBs with intials second group.
M
LB
1
St Kilda red white and black
M
LB
1
Australian White Ensign with Navy anchor
M
LB
1
Royal Australian Corps of Transport Colours Blue, white and scarlet red…. The badge would be awesome if you can manage it.
M
LB
1
Your choice from ...japanese anime, golden retrievers (or any dogs really), snakes
M
LB
1
Green, schnauzers and bumble bees
M
Q
2
ANZAC themed please
M
B
3
Tanks, cavalry, Light horse WWI type
M
Q
4
Geelong Cats, Ford Brand, Australian flag, Afghan flag colours  "H-KIA Kabul"
M
Q
5
Mazda RX7 (1st Gen Series 1-3)  "HMAS ARUNTA - OP MANITOU ROTATION 64" 
M
Q
6
The big Lez show
M
Q
7
Manchester United theme or Red and yellow  - Wording "HMAS Arunta Op Manitou Rot 64"  Red and Yellow
M
B
8
RAAF Roundel.  I am particularly fond of Kangaroos and Sulfur Crested cockatoos.
M
B
9
Star Wars, Lego, superhero type things, and green is his favourite colour.
M
B
10
I would love a red cross on it, and something that signifies working with a health company for TAJI-4, Iraq
F
B
11
Australian Diamonds Netball (green and gold) /  netball in general  West Coast Eagles Football Club Surf Life Saving and the beach
F
Q
12
 medic/army theme with red cross etc darker colours- Dark green, blacks and browns
F
Q
13
NRL Manly Seaeagles emblem, Ford Logo, Ford mustang, Australian Flag, Rising sun.
M
Q
14
7RAR flag with FPE 7 bottom righthand corner
M
Q
15
Olive drab with black and grey Australian Flag and "KABUL AFGHANISTAN - FPE 7"
M
B
16
Anzac (Aus+NZ), 77SQN
M
B
17
German Short Haired Pointer (Dog) and Babies or Landrover Defender I have embroideries I can send you for this one.
M
B
18
7RAR  Samoan Flag and Aussie Flag please
M
B
19
Blue, Purple, Pink and Silver. Nature, snow, mountains and horses. Night sky, beach and ocean.
F
B
20
Green and Brown. 4WD, nature camping and fishing.
M
B
21
Black, grey, blue and green. Guns, hunting, 4WD and motor bikes.
M
B
22
blue hobbies sport running or fitness Loves rugby league supports the Tigers and NSW Blues
M
B
23
Desert theme with a Camel and a flagpole with the white ensign and blue sky. Anchors.  If possible could you put my kids names on it somewhere please
greens, black and greys.
F
B
24
soccer nut - his teams are Sydney FC, Socceroos and Leeds United. He also likes the Sydney Swans. He's a fan of Star Wars. He also likes the colours yellow and blue.
M
B
26
like pinks, blues, dogs, the outdoors and the Army.
F
B
27
Dr Who, Tardis
M
Q
29
Race cars
M
Q
31
a Holden racing team or Holden Logo please
M
B
32
Carlton Dry
M
B
33
Super heroes
M
B
34
Blue and black, Truck driver (Transport)/ VIP Driver, Please include the Australian Flag
F
Q
35
Quilt - blue, the beach. More army themed and please include deployment date.  
F
B
36
Aviation Enthusiast, Penrith Panthers fan, Love German Shephard dogs, any of those themes would be fantastic.  Thank you very much
M
Q
37
For the laundry bag is it possible to to have a military theme please (Camo etc etc)  Thank you very much
M
LB
37
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS & SEINFELD THEME
F
B
38
Carlton Football club/Melbourne storm
M
Q
39
Favourite colours are blue and purple.  My hobbies include skydiving and motorcross.  I also have a red dog called Stevie Nicks.
F
Q
40
Bagpiper.  Family tartan Malcolm (Mother) Bruce (Father).  Love Single Malt Scotch Whiskey, Cigars and my BMW M3 soft top.
M
B
41
Red, Black, Vikings, and Lord of the Rings
M
B
42
White, Blue, Grey.  Alaskan Dall Ram
M
B
43
NFL New England Patriots, F1 Red Bull racing - (daniel Riccardo's car) and the military lol. His favourite colour is blue.
M
B
44
Maroon and Gold and Navy.
Brisbane Broncos.
Love my family who put up with my time away from homeand out family pets Angel (White Maltese) and Scruffy (Black Maltese).
Favourite TV Show : The Simpson's  (Homer)
Car: Convertible Mazda MX5 and convertible Ford Mustang (its a Bronco thing)
M
B
45
Aussie outback, under water theme or puppies (fav colour Aussie flag Blue) (I am having a son while I’m over here and plan to give it to him when he is a bit older so this really means a lot to me and my wife so thank you in advance.  )
M
B
46
Crossed barbells (fav colour navy blue)
M
B
47
Broncos, XXXX Gold beer (would love the logo or the mascot)  Anything QLD would be great.
M
B
48
Slovakian flag (fav colour Red)
M
B
49
aqua/ turquoise / medium purple  special request: army rising sun on one side down the bottom please, beach theme, cheerleading Would love initials on quilt and bag please
F
B
50
Sky blue, Aqua, silver special request: rising sun and United Arab Emirates flag, tropical / palm trees
F
B
51
 Blue and Black, Yellow and Green: Joint Movements Wagon wheel, RAAF Ensign, ANF, initals on laundry bag and quilt (JLJ)
M
B
52
mario Cart
M
B
53
I love the beach, I have three daughters.
"LIVE, LOVE ,LAUGH" 
Air force (perhaps air force crest, roundel, "Per Ardua Ad Astra")
I love the colour teal, anything coastal as I have a caravan on the ocean and this is my paradise.
F
B
54
blue and he’s an avid trail runner. He loves Australian native animals –
M
Q
55
He loves the Essendon Bombers OR our two dogs George and Ruby - photos of dogs avbl OR blue for the RAAF
M
B
56
Ships, Submarines, Desert and Camels with a White Ensign if possible. Navy meets Desert theme.
M
B
57
I'm a mad keen cyclist - mainly road cycling (yes, I stay up in the wee hours to watch the Tour de France (TdF)), but I also broke my collarbone mountain biking. So for colours you could go for the TdF Jersey colours of Yellow, white with red polka-dots, green and white
M
B
58



No comments:

Post a Comment