Monday 14 November 2016

Requests 14 Nov 16

UPDATED 14 NOV 1930 HOURS (730PM)

Hi all

NOTE – if  you receive this via email DO NOT try to reply to me via email. You need to use friendsofAHQ@gmail.com

Priority Quilts
Numbers 1- 23  need to have their quilts in the mail by the end of December so if you could please check those requests out first and if possible take one of those to help us keep ahead of the game that would be awesome.  

Post By Date
The post by date for the rest of the requests in this week’s list 19 December.  PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss. 

Laundry Bags
There aren’t a lot of laundry bags on the list at the moment and I do not need a lot of boxes of random laundry bags right now. I need time to email all my contacts and see who will accept boxes to distribute, this varies depending on several factors. I won’t have time to send all those email til I get back from Wagga so probably next week. If you would like to make random laundry bags and are happy to send them to me then I have plenty of very deserving units/regiments to pass them to.  You would have to be happy to post them at your cost though.  Just an option for anyone who is interested. 

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag.  This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag

Requests in pink are for girls.

NOTE

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.

United Nations Flag – I have and can send to you.

Rising Sun and other badges – ask me about them.

If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I can get it embroidered and sent to you if you like to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.

Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please…. 

There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.

A quick note… even if you check the request list every week, please take the time to skim over this preamble.  I edit it to make it relevant every week and I know that many of you are not reading it by the questions I am being asked. It takes you just a minute or two to scan it but takes me considerably longer to read and answer the emails I receive ….. please give me a hand in this. Your assistance is appreciated.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree


Ocean/Scuba Diving  (TAKEN)
B
1
blue or Aussie themed (TAKEN)
LB
1
Australian flag, Rising Sun, Motto "Certa Cito"
Q
2
Sports or superheroes (TAKEN)
Q
3
 Liverpool Football Club (TAKEN)
Q
4
Q - Hawthorn AFL team, Storm NRL team,
Q
5
GERMAN SHEPHERDS, GRIFFINS, EAGLES FROM LORD OF THE RINGS, RED POPPIES (TAKEN)
Q
6
Gym/body building themed - colours - pink, purple, black
Q
7
Blue, Basketball, Star Wars (TAKEN)
Q
8
Favourite colour is Orange
NRL: NQ Cowboys, Brisbane Broncos, XXXX Maroons
Canadian Club (Alcoholic Beverage)
Q
9
Australian Landscapes, Tall ships, Australian Flag, Eureka Flag, RAAF ENSIGN, QATAR FLAG
Q
10
Fave colour: Blue
Aussie theme (southern cross, Boxing kangaroo etc) Craft Beer (TAKEN)
Q
11
Fave colour: Blue, Green
Camping, 4WD, Fishing, Guitar, Fallout 3
Q
12
Colour - Blue  and Pictures of AP-3C Orion, Heron RPA and King Air B300
Q
13
SOUTH SUDAN FLAG, UNITED NATIONS FLAG AND AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL FLAG
Q
14
South Sudan flag and african themes/animals one side, Australian flag and Australian themes/animals on the other side. (TAKEN)
Q
15
Mountains / Camping / Campfire
Q
16
North Queensland Cowboys, Air Force Related
Blue, Black, Red
Q
17
Dark colours, red, blue, green, black, purple and bits of white.   Army military design, Australian Army Catering Corps
Q
18
Aussie Flag, Rising Sun Badge, War dog, female and male soldier holding hands with children (Quilt)                                                                                                                                                       
Q
19
Incoporate Aust flag and UAE flag.  With a small blue and white kangaroo somewhere (North Melb FC)Thank you. 
Q
20
Makes and plays drums (TAKEN)
Q
21
Canberra Raiders with White Ensign + South Sudan flag
Q
22
Black, Red Essendon Bombers, Camping, Fishing, Sports
Q
23
Boxing Kangaroo, Aussie Flag and Rising Sun
Q
24
tropical fruit/flamingo type quilt
Q
25
Wonders of the World"
Q
26
Poppies
Q
27
Star Wars
Q
28
Blues, Silver & Australia, Airforce related, Fishing, camping and 4WD
Q
29
Blues and Red  Fishing, camping and 4WD 
Q
30
V8 Holden   Would love the holden symbol and the SSV on a black and white background please with initials on both quilt and bag.
 Could I please have 2016/17 in small print if possible
Q
31
Orange Surfing
Q
32
NSW State of Origin / Parramatta NRL team
B
33
QLD State of Origin / Broncos NRL Team
B
34
Huge Captain America fan
According to her 7 year old daughter her favourite colour is black. And she is also a personal trainer and really into running and endurance races.
B
35
Pink Geelong Football Club ( Aussie
Q
36
OPERATION OKRA SEP 2016 - MAR 2017, Air Force, blue colours, aircraft  (TAKEN)
Q
37

Till next time........ keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment