Thursday 10 September 2015

HMAS Newcastle ... say "Cheeeeese"

A while ago the captain of HMAS Newcastle asked if there was anything they could do for us and so told him that what would be absolutely wonderful would be if he could please arrange to have some photos taken of the quilts and laundry bags on board at some point as that would mean A LOT to the quilters.   He promised to do his best to arrange it, and although he had to wait till the photos were approved, we have started to receive them now.  

And they were well worth waiting for.

It is too time consuming for me to look at each photo and try and remember or work out who made what so please excuse me if I don't.  

The awesome chaplain on HMAS Newcastle has actually managed a super-human feat and has tracked down every quilt and laundry bag that has made it to the ship.   What a fabulous effort and no easy task.  There are a few that are yet to arrive because they were sent right on the deadline. There are also some which have been sent to people who have departed the ship early and those we still need to confirm.

I also have not had time to individually sort through all the requests and let you know that your quilt or laundry bag made it to the ship so I have taken the easy route.  I have emailed everyone whose quilt or bag has NOT been confirmed as arrived. In other words, unless you have heard from me to the contrary... your quilt/laundry bag is safely on board being loved!

I know I asked the Captain for his support with the photos but I think that he, the Chaplain and most definitely the Photographer have gone above and beyond what I had dared hope for so a very big thank you and BZ to them.

Enjoy the photos everyone.  There are more photos to come apparently so do not be too disappointed if you do not see your handiwork here tonight.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

23

24

25

26

27

28

29

30

31

32

33

34

35

36

37

38

39

40

41

42

43

If you see your quilt or laundry bag and want a higher res copy of the pic just email me and reference the number ABOVE your photos.

Till next time.................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree

2 comments: