Monday 15 September 2014

Who do you sew for???

I have two quick things to share with you tonight.   

Today  I was asked to speak to Greg Alexander, the Managing Director of Bernina Australia about Aussie Heroes, how we got started and what we do. Most excitingly we also talked about how they can get involved and how they can help.  

I can't tell you too much at the moment but suffice to say that some exciting things are planned which will be revealed in due course.  What I can tell you is that Greg "gets it".  He wants Bernina to be involved with Aussie Heroes because it is the "right thing to do".  He understands the benefit of what we do for the troops and believes that our troops really need to know that the Australian public is behind them, especially as we enter into a new round of deployments in a new are of conflict.

So watch this space folks. As I can release info I will but in the mean time all those of you who are deployed and all those of you who have loved ones who are deployed should know that there are lots of us in the Aussie community who are proud of you and who appreciate your service and the sacrifice that service asks of you. And with Bernina on board that number is only going to grow.


So, it is time we became visible ladies!  Time to let people know that we are Aussie Hero Friends and darn proud of it!

Afterall......

Who do we sew for?

We sew for HEROES!!!

Just look at these super buttons!   Wear one and tell the world you sew for Aussie Heroes. Wear one of these next time you visit your favourite  fabric shop, next time you go to a sewing class or quilt group.  Where it anywhere you go, and if people ask about it, you can tell them all about Aussie Heroes and why you sew for us, and them.  

These pins are available for you to purchase and they only cost $5.00

How do you buy one? Send $5.00 and a self addressed envelope to


Joan Carter
3/53 Maclaurin Ave.
East Hills  NSW  2213

Do not send money to Jan-Maree please.

DO IT NOW and Joan will send you one of these fabulous buttons.

An ordinary envelope will be fine, as she will pack the pin in bubble wrap. 

Numbers are limited so get in early so you don't miss out.  

And for info- I wear three in a triangular formation because people might overlook one pin - three is just that much more obvious!

Sorry this is such a short post but I have a really busy week this week.  You will have to bear with me if I do not get to your emails as quickly as usual.  On Wednesday morning I head off 8 hours north of Sydney by car with my husband.  We are headed for my son's boarding school to attend all of his Year 12 lunches, services, dinners and, of course, the Formal.  Then my husband and I get to spend another 8 hours driving home on the Saturday.  

If you email me and I don't get back to you in a day or so please email me again.  Most of you should know that I usually respond fairly quickly to emails and if I don't this week now you will understand.


Till next time..................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  
Jan-Maree  xx

3 comments:

  1. Great news about Bernina and good to see the badges have arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be getting myself some of these, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernina Australia rock, glad they're getting behind AHQ.

    ReplyDelete