Friday 12 September 2014

Weekly Dispatches 12 September

Before we enjoy the wonderful quilts and laundry bags  that all the amazing Aussie Hero Friends have sent off this week I thought I would update you on my 
Pride of Australia Medallion Nomination.  

I received a letter this week congratulating me on my nomination and informing me that they had had an overwhelming number of entrants this year.    They went on to say that unfortunately my nomination has not progressed to the finalist stage.

I just wanted to let you all know, as many of you have asked "what next".  I am not at all upset or disappointed.   I have said all along that to be nominated,  I assume, by someone from, or related to, the Defence Community means the world to me.  

I read recently that you should find something you love to do with a passion and do it every day and that is what I get to do by running AHQ.  Add to that the wonderful people I have met, many of whom have become friends, and I can ask for no more. 

Reminder 
The next sewing day in Penrith is this Sunday.
We start at 11am not 10am 
BYO sewing machine and lunch.

:-)

And so to celebrate this week's quilts and laundry bags on we go!

781 quilts and 1025 laundry bags for 2014.  

3143 quilts and  4873 laundry bags in total.


Anna



Bev





Christine C



Dasha


Dasha and Robyn


Grace




Jenny and Gale






Jacqui P



Jill S



Joan






Julie



Katherine


Kitty


Laura


Lynn



Lynn and JMb quilted by Kym


Maree




Pennie



 Rachel



Rita M



Robyn


Robyn W


Stephanie D


Valerie


I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I am looking forward to a day's sewing on Sunday at Penrith.

Till next time.......................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx

No comments:

Post a Comment