Thursday 4 September 2014

Bags for RAAF Richmond.

As you all know by now forty or so Aussie Hero Friends were hosted by 22 Squadron and the Air Lift Group at RAAF Richmond for the day yesterday.  I wish I could sit here and write up the visit the way I normally do, but this time I was not able to take a camera.  All the photos were taken by the ever patient and extremely professional Veronica, a  Photographer from the Air Force Imagery Detachment at No 28 Squadron at Richmond. Big thanks to them for supplying a photographer for the day.  She was very tolerant of my "no double chin" requests, not to mention some of the other antics the ladies got up to!!  I have to wait till the photos have been cleared by Canberra before I receive any to share. 

I don't want to try and tell you the whole story of the day without those photos so please bear with me till I can get them.   Having served myself I am aware of how much work went into arranging the day and I will have to sit down and write a very heartfelt thank you to all involved but on the day I did not want to turn up empty handed so I asked everyone to bring a lot a laundry bag that was either Aussie in theme or aviation themed. Several of the laundry bags were personalised for key personnel on the day and you need to wait and see the photos of those being presented but tonight I thought I would show you the ones that were made to be shared around the units that put themselves out to host us yesterday.

Bennie
The front....

and the back!!!




Carol


Caroline


Gail


Janet


Joan 


Katherine

  
Kim


Kiwi Karen


Leanne


Lisa B 


Maree


Pam K


Pene



Robin



Sue D


Sue F


Wendy


I am a bit busy at the moment but I am sure that there are some bags that were handed over yesterday that have not been included above.  If you can't see yours please let me know and preferably re-send your photo for inclusion in another post.  Note, personalised ones are being saved til later.

Also, all those that attended yesterday, please remember to send me your thoughts and impressions of the day as soon as you can so that I can collate them into a blog post as soon as possible.  I would like to have them all by Sunday night if possible please.

Till next time..............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  
Jan-Maree  xx


No comments:

Post a Comment