Monday 13 January 2014

Monday

G'day all.  Welcome to another Monday and for some of our Defence people, today is the first day back at work after Christmas holiday stand down - hope you all had a great break.  

Sewing Days

First up tonight, just  a reminder about the sewing days coming up.  The first one is this coming Sunday at Penrith Patchwork   Their address is 97B Henry Street, Penrith.  There is plenty of parking out the back.  I will be bringing laundry bag kits this time and all you need to bring is your lunch and your sewing machine.  If you are interested can you please let me know so that I can make sure I have enough gear for everyone.

The second sewing day is at my home in the Sydney Hills district on Friday the 24th.  We will start off at 10am and will go till three-ish. once again, if you are interested in coming please let me know.  BYO lunch and sewing machine and I will provide everything else you need.  If you are interested in coming please PM me on Facebook or email me (friendsofAHQ@gmail.com)

Poppy Blocks

How are you all going with your Remembrance Poppy Blocks?  If you don't know what I am talking about then check this post out.  We have received quite a few so I thought I would show you the pics of what we have so far.

Caz

 Coral
 Dorothy
 Fran
 Gail M
 Jo P 
 Karen B
 Kay
 Kim M
 Linda F
 Linda H
 Robin A
 Susan H
 The next two set of blocks were sent in by someone from Werrington but unfortunately we do not have a name.  If you recognise your handiwork please let me know so I can edit the post and give you credit.  I have a feeling someone did contact me when I first posted these but I think it was one of those things that slipped by me in the Christmas rush so can you please get on to me again.


These blocks will be post together over time to make some Fallen Warrior Quilts and what special quilts they will be.  I intend to break the poppies up, in most cases, with other fabrics or at least sashings!  


Please don't send them to me.  

Please send them to 

Caroline Gunn, P O Box 3079, St Mary's South NSW 2760.

I am also wondering how you are going with your Brisbane Dinner Challenge blocks. If you not sure what I am talking about and want to know more then check out Wednesday's post.  


Just before I go.  I had a visit from this fellow and his gorgeous fiance Lisa yesterday.  Lisa sews for us now and she brought her fiance over to meet me so that we could have a photos taken with his quilt now that he is back from Op Slipper.  

I am being a bit spoilt tonight. I am off out to dinner with another recipient tonight who is collecting their quilt as there was not time to get it to him in Tarin Kot before the postal system closed down and then tomorrow I an having lunch with the partner of another recipient so that she can see his quilt before it gets sent off.

Til next time.................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx



No comments:

Post a Comment