Friday 22 November 2013

Weekly Dispatches 22 November

Well, we have come to the end of another incredibly satisfying week.  You may or may not know it but there are often things happening in Aussie Hero Land that I cannot share on the blog for privacy reasons.  It is incredibly important to me that Aussie Heroes respect the privacy of the individuals we do things for so sometimes I just have to keep the stories to myself, or at the very least, off the internet.  I guess the only thing I can say is that this week has confirmed, more than most, that what we are doing is making a difference in ways I would not have dared to imagine.  What we do is not earth shaking or world changing but in small and meaningful ways we are letting people know that their service matters and is appreciated.  

It has been a good week! 

The rest of this post will be fairly brief as far as words are concerned.  It is early morning.  I have packed some boxes and post packs and am hoping to mostly finish this post before I head out to the post office at 840.  I have to be home by ten as I have a special past recipient coming for lesson with Caroline and I in how to layer, pin and quilt her VERY FIRST quilt!  I would link to her story but for some reason today Blogger's search function is not working so I can't find the post for you.

Edit - didn't get the post finished before the quilting lesson finished so here goes now.


27 quilts this week and 38 laundry bags.  

1258 quilts and 2277 laundry bags for 2013.  


2266 quilts and 3643 laundry bags in total.


Alice


Alicia


Carmel


Evelyn


Hilary 



 Jan F



Janine


Jeanette


Jeann



Me!


My Blooper  - I made this with the wrong initials!  but it still found a good home.


Joan



Karen B


Katherine





 Kaylee


Keryn


How cute is this pig!




Leanne



Liz



Lois



Louise


Maree



melissa T


Pam Y







Susan


Lynn and I - the Team of Six can finally be noted as dispatched now that you know the story!



Rita M



And laundry bags by Julie Ann with embroideries by Michele



 

I can' believe that it is only four sleeps till I head off for Murwillumbah and Brisbane!  Yikes and so much to do!  Do not expect a long post on Sunday night!

Till next time......................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx

1 comment: