Thursday 14 November 2013

Thanks on Thursday

Greetings all!  

Well the title of this post is thanks on Thursday and I am going to use it to do just that.  

Caroline, Chaplain Mark, my husband, David, and I had an enjoyable dinner topped off by Caroline's homemade Creme Brulee - complete with the required sugar crust!  YUM!!  Lo-cal of course!  :-P  Cough Cough!     Great conversation as always.  Very thankful for that.

Thanks also to Chaplain Mark for happily joining in our packing frenzy.  Sadly the second Chaplain was unwell and unable to attend (Get Well Soon) so my husband, who is never normally home Monday to Friday, stepped into the breach and we had 25 quilts boxed and ready to go, all with letters and lollies in no time.  Chaplain Mark is a champion quilt folder I must say.  Must come from having practice with his own Aussie Hero Quilt.


If only I had this much help all the time.


Boxes were loaded in my car last night and this morning I got a park right outside the Post Office and all are on their way as I write.

I also want to say a big thank you to Angela who has been beavering away, largely behind the scenes, to ensure that our dinner in Brisbane goes according to plan.  Hmmm, the plan was not to make it bigger than Ben Hur but I think we failed.  Oh well!  As well as coordinating the dinner, sorting the ticket sales, liaising with the venue, making up name tags for the night, Angela is also hand writing and sending off the 75 plus hand made Christmas Cards that Sandra P made.  And she does it all whilst running a home, working in the family business and mothering two teenagers!  
You are a star Angela and I don't know what I would do without you!  

Another big thank you goes out to Joan who is taking charge of the raffle ticket sales.  Your efforts and organisational skills are much appreciated Joan.  It is people like you that make it an absolute pleasure to run Aussie Heroes!  Thank you!

We have a couple of lovely messages that have come in ....enjoy!

G'day Debbie,

Well I was extremely impressed the other day when the quilt you made arrived in the mail, unfolding it to see what you had created was far better than opening any shop bought present! The only mistake you made was making it so well that I'm scared to use it! Luckily it is getting significantly cooler around here so it serves as a perfect blanket to use when I read or jump on the internet at night in my room. It was in the 40's when I got here and now there has been reports of snow in the mountains...what a country!
Again I can't thank you enough for the time and effort you put into the quilt, and the presents (I am a chocoholic so the the chocolate disappeared very quickly!). I hope the weather has turned around for you, my friends in Canberra seem to be having a late wet winter so hopefully it has extended all the way north.

Sincerely, 

.....

Good Afternoon Noeleen,

I wanted to extend my heartfelt thanks and appreciation in receiving my Aussie Hero Quilt today.  I absolutely love it.  The colours are beautiful and it will make a wonderful addition to my bed.  Thank you very much for making this for me and sending it over.  Anyway thanks again for making my quilt, I will treasure it for many years to come.

.....
The following email is for Margaret and the wonderful Old Bags and the Dag.


I recently received four laundry bags, and a wonderful letter with messages from your amazing "young" residents, who also provided a photo of the laundry bag which they had proudly made. 

Myself and three other members are now the very proud owners of these Laundry Bags. 

We were all very touched by the letter providing Eileen Mc, Harold, Eileen and Jean's story and message to each of us. 

Late one afternoon we drove up to our Heavy Weapon's Range, and took photos of us holding the Laundry Bags in the same sequence as your photograph, with the mountains in the background. 

Flying Officer XXXXX read out your letter and messages whilst we were there and we all shed a tear as we were all so touched. 

Once you confirm receipt of this e-mail, I will forward some Certificates of Appreciation and a copy of the photos to be presented and passed on. 

I look forward to your response and sincerely thank you for your support. 

Regards
.....

I will end this list with our normal list of names - these are the people who have sent off quilts or laundry bags this week.  If you have sent a parcel and your name is not on the list please let me know. I do try to keep track of them all but some days there are just too may interruptions and some slip through.

Angela
Bev
Camden Country Quilters
Chatting Chooks
Cheryl R
Clare
Debbie
Harold and the Old Bags and the Dags
Jillianne
Kym
Judith
Julie
Kirsty
Koldbe Catholic College
Leanne M
Liz
Lousie
Lynn
Millie
Meg
Nancy
Sandra
Stephanie T
Sue N (SA)

Till next time...........keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx

No comments:

Post a Comment