Tuesday 24 September 2013

Grati - Tuesday

People are always saying that they don't know how I get everything done for Aussie Heroes and sometimes I don't know how I do either but I usually manage.  Today, though, I am allowing myself a little time off. I have Aussie Hero Friends Chelly (whose husband has recently returned) 

and Liz B and her husband, Rob, coming for lunch.  

Chelly is staying to sew with me this afternoon while Liz and Rob head to other destinations.  Chelly and I will have an early dinner and then I will be back to catching up on the day's emails.  That all means that I have about ten minutes to edit this post and then prepare lunch so I know you will cope if tonight's post is a little shorter than normal. 

A couple of the thank you messages received in the last 24 hours will have to wait till Thursday as  I do not have time to type them out and for one I am waiting on permission to publish the photo.

Here is what we have for tonight.

This thank you message was referring to a quilt made by Jeann.

Dear Aussie Hero Quilts,

Thank you for the wonderful Quilt and Laundry bag, I was surprised to receive them they are awesome. My partner must have given you my details. They will replace my tired looking bed spread and laundry bag.
Thank you once again for this gift. It really put a massive smile on my face. The effort that must of gone into making them would have been huge and I'm really grateful for the though.

Regards 
..... 

Dear Stephanie,
                                I was very humbled to receive your hand made quilt in the mail today. It was an unexpected gift and will be a great addition to brighten up my room. The beach scene featuring the Brighton beach houses is very fitting as I'm from Victoria and grew up not far from Torquay Beach near Geelong. Thank you for bringing a little piece home to a distant land and I most certainly will keep this as a memento of my deployment to Afghanistan.  With the colder months looming, this quilt will also serve me well during the cold nights.

Keep up the great work, your efforts are very well received.

Yours,  

.....

Hi Stephanie

Sorry for the late email I have had troubles with my external account.  I received my quilt and LOVE IT!!!! It's exactly what I was hoping for. It represents me so well, you did a fantastic job. Thank you for the laundry bag also, it has come in handy.  We are putting together a photo of everyone with their quilts so keep an eye out :)

.....

Hi Noeleen,

 
Thanks so much for your beautiful laundry bags, they have already been claimed by their new grateful owners, some new soldiers who have just started their mission here in Afghanistan. What you do is very much appreciated and your support is definitely felt all the way over here when you do such nice volunteer work for the soldiers here. It is nice to have a little bit of Australia here so thanks for taking time to make these laundry bags and send them over.
 
Also thanks so much for the lollies as well, they never go to waste!!!
 
Thanks,
.....


G'day Noeleen,

I would like to THANK YOU for the time and effort that you have put into creating such a beautiful gift. It will be nice to pass in to my children.  My partner and children live in XXXXX and I can't wait to get home to see them (sometime in Feb).

It sounds like you keep your self rather busy with sewing, there's nothing better than a home made quilt that you can call your own.  Again thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this wonderful gift, all the effort is greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work and  thank you
....

Hi Pam Y,

Thank you very much for your kind gift. I recieved it today, which actually happened to be my birthday. I turned 23 and it was a pleasant surprise to find.

.....


Hello Sue N,

Thank you for the beautiful design of your laundry bag. The package was received today and out of many designs to choose from, your design looked very relaxing and appealing to me.

Since I have only been in country for a few days, a new look on my laundry bag is a good start to my trip!, I very much appreciate the time and effort you have placed into your design. My fellow team mates are choosing their bag designs now and seemed excited about each bags quality print and design.

Thank you,
.....


Well, I am off to the kitchen.  Hopefully I will catch up with all you emails tonight but if the morning comes and I have not replied to any of you please jog my memory.

Till next time.......................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll all be having a lovely afternoon and evening, Jan-Maree. You should take all the time off you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put your feet up and let people do for you for a change! Enjoy your evening. Love the pictures and the post tonight.

    ReplyDelete