Tuesday 9 July 2013

Grati-Tuesday

Hi all,
Back to the cold and wet weather in Sydney today but I am not really complaining (as long as I am wearing my ugg boots) as it is nice cozy weather to be inside sewing!

Tomorrow will be a nice day to be inside sewing and as luck would have it tomorrow is the next sewing day at my home.  We have LOTS to do so if you are free, even for a couple of hours, why not come along - assuming you live in Sydney of course.  

We start at 10am and will work till 3pm-ish.  All you need to do is BYO lunch and sewing machine but even if you can't sew I can still find things to do for non-sewers so all are welcome.  Email me or PM me on facebook or if you get really stuck call me (0422227019) for the address.  

The next sewing day at my home will be on Tuesday the 24th of July

And a final reminder that this coming Sunday we have our next Sewing Day in Penrith.

10am to 3pm at Penrith Patchwork.
97B Henry Street - parking at rear.

BYO lunch and sewing machine and I will provide all the fabric

Just a few thank you messages tonight 

First up this message relates to a quilt that Margaret R made.  There is a photo too but I want to confirm that I have permission to publish it first.

Hi Jan Maree,

My quilt arrived :) I love it so much. Thank you for this wonderful gesture. I will treasure it for many years to come! It is already on my bed keeping me warm.


Joan & Robin, thank you very much for your kind gift. It has already made my space a little more colourful and knowing that it has been made by lovely people who actually care what we are doing. 
Again I appreciate your gesture and will always remind me of how much better we have it back in Australia.

Kind Regards 

Dear Sue,
I just want to drop you a short note in order to pass on my sincere thanks and appreciation for your generosity. I have just received one of your terrific laundry bags. It was timely in fact as the mesh one I brought from home has just failed me and I had started to utilise a pillowcase! The bag I received has a cartoon dog surfing on it which is terrific. As a first time expectant father from the Gold Coast, this bag will, upon my return be used to manage my future son's laundry!
Thankyou  for offering your time and supporting the "Aussie Heroes Quilts and Laundry Bags"  campaign. I know the soldiers, sailors and airmen over here really appreciate them. It is also nice to see a spot of colour between the accommodation block and laundry each day rather than the typical browns and olive drabs we see so often.
I have enclosed a small token of appreciation. This is my personal Commander's Coin which I award to my soldiers who have done something outstanding and worthy of recognition. This coin is not so much from me for the laundry bag I received, but a token of appreciation from all the soldiers you have touched through your generosity. It is lovely to know that while we are here doing our job there are wonderful people back home thinking of us and wishing for our safe return.
Thankyou.

Sorry, no photo of the coin as it will identify the author.

Good evening Fran, 

Thankyou so much for my quilt!! It was a lovely surprise and it's just a brilliant collection of designs. I particularly like the material with intersecting bones on it. Looking at the number of panels in the quilt, you must have put a great deal of time and effort into it, so I sincerely thankyou for the end product. I was after one with dogs because I have two crazy dogs at home (a border collie and a little terrier) that I am missing a great deal. That, and I grew up in a family of veterinarians so they are very much my heritage!


This fellow received his laundry bag made by Angela and promised me photos.  When they came there were accompanied by a very simple message.

The old

and the New - I like the new!
No surprise there really but it does bring home just how much different our laundry bags are making and just how much more individual it enables the guys and girls to be.

Good morning,

I am writing to inform you that I have received my quilt in the mail whilst on deployment. I just wanna thank you so much for this gift it will really be something I keep forever as a momento of what people are doing for there serving members. I am trying to track down an email address for the women who got assigned my quilt, If you can help me out with this request that would be great.
Much thanks again

And yes I have supplied the email address.

The final thank you is from me.   I receive lots of mail for Aussie Heroes and I just don't have time to respond personally to all of you and that is why the blocks and quilt tops and completed quilts and laundry bags are posted every Wednesday night in the Happy Mail posts.  That way you know your parcel has arrived safe and sound and everyone else can see what has been sent in.  

I just want to take the time to say A very big and heartfelt 
for all the little messages of encouragement and appreciation that you include in your parcels.  They mean much more to me than I can say and I do not treat them lightly. 
Each one is like a gift in itself.

Till next time....................keep spreading the word and happy stitching.


1 comment:

  1. Another super duper post. I love reading Aussie Heroes very much. Love to everyone who reads and participates xx.

    ReplyDelete