Friday 8 February 2013

QOTW 8 FEB

The tally so far-

21 quilts this week and 39 laundry bags.

131 quilts and 364 laundry bags for 2013

and 1075 quilts and 1731 laundry bags over all.



Well done everyone!

Gail made this gorgeous nautical quilt.  She was given some 4 1/2" squares and look what she came up with.




Angela 


I managed to sneak another one in this week.  I pieced this and Carol quilted it for me.  Michelle also embroidered a panel for the back but I better wait till it has been received before I show you that or it might give the game away.


I just had to show off the gorgeous pattern that Carol used to quilt it!


I made this one for a scooter lover but had to wait till it had been received.


I showed the pattern to Carol and don't her versions look great?


Unfortunately the photos do not do these two justice - they are really pretty colours.


What do you think?  Do you want a tutorial?

Cat


This reminds me of faceted gem stones.



Donna



 Janelle


 Judy C






Kitty
P.S. the figurines are not included.


Kylie
Love this Aussie fabric Kylie, is it a recent purchase?

Strips by Dasha and pieced by Louise.
  

Karen B


Melissa
used this fabric to make a laundry bag for a Doctor - of course!


Kaye finished off a quilt she made for Kylie's Mystery Quilt


Nancy



 Su


 Rita M was on a roll big - time!
% fabulous quilts are four are reversible.


  

This fellow requested the Aussie flag and the Aboriginal Flag.  It is worth noting that you need to gain permission from the designer of the aboriginal flag before you use it - Rita tried but didn't get a reply so went with the colors instead.


This fellow asked for "you'll never walk alone" on his quilt if possible.  Just as well Rita is in a soccer mad family as I would never have known that related to a Soccer Team! 





sue n


 Sue s and Aileen completed this gorgeous pair.


   and now for a pic without the Laundry Bag.


And finally with the weekend apon us it seems fitting to put Terry's "Gone Fishing" quilt at the end of the parade!


Don't forget that the Penrith Sewing Day is coming up on Sunday the 17th at Penrith Patchwork.
20am to 2pm.  BYO sewing machine, lunch and snacks.
I will supply all materials required

And just before I go - can I just say thank you to all of you who send me little messages of encouragement along with your emails and parcels. I  really do appreciate each and every one of them and they really do make a difference.
You guys are the best!


Till next time.......keep spreading the word and happy stitching!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely assortment of quilts and laundry bags. You have my bags in this one but they have not been posted yet, I am waiting for addresses to post them too. (Sue N)

    ReplyDelete