Friday 7 December 2012

Quilts of the Week 7 December


898 quilts and 1226 laundry bags to date!
Another great week!

Just to round off the statistics 68 quilt requests are underway.
That means so far 966 quilts look like being requested this year if not sent so far this year!
Got to be happy with that!

This quilt was made by Lorraine P and Tess J - new to AHQ


This one by Mary and Tess J


And this one by Lorraine P





Carolynne has been busy - two quilts and three laundry bags.


Look closely at this quilt - the black and white fabric features skulls in top hats!  And yes, we found the perfect person for it.






Cheryl R 


Fran T
(Front)
(back)
Fran T

Gillian  is a new Aussie Hero Friend and she started off with a bang - three great quilts.




This is Kiwi Karen's first quilt but she has actually sewn with us at one of the Penrith Sewing Days so she is not a complete Newbie!


Kylie



Jill


Jill made this AGES ago but I didn't want to put it on the blog till more quilts had made it to HAS ANZAC - i reckon this is going to be a favourite!  I am just jealous that Jill thought of it first!


Jan-Maree


Kaye and the children from the Bethany Catholic Primary School


And a close up in case you missed it on Tuesday night.



Kaye, flying solo this time


Kaylene's first AHQ.


Keryn - for a fellow who loves yellow and black



Liz H 


Liz




Rita C




Welcome to AHQ Margaret H!




Nancy




This quilt top was made by Maria and quilted by Nancy


Another Welcome to Aussie Heroes for Pat


and also one for Margaret M



Rita M















Sue N


Wendy


Hi Jan-Maree, I just wanted to send you an email to let you know that I received the quilt and laundry bags in the mail yesterday. May I just say that the quilt and laundry bags are absolutely beautiful. If you would be able to pass on my most sincere thanks to Diane, Lynn, Kim and Judith for their effort, care and attention that is evident in their work I would be forever in your debt. I can not thank you enough Jan-Maree for this gift. I will treasure it and care for it with the hope that in the not-to-distant future I will be able to pass it to my son to whom I can explain its significance and personal value.
I am touched by the generosity and kindness of you and your team. Our services are incredibly fortunate to have such wonderful support. Once again please pass on my most heartfelt thanks to everyone within your team for their kind support. Thank you and have a safe and happy Christmas. Kind regards



Don't forget out first ever Sydney Aussie Hero Dinner
being held at the Hornsby RSL 
in The Bistro
4 High Street
Hornsby
630 for 7 pm tomorrow night
 My number is 0422227019.
There will be about 20 of us and I am sure we will not be hard to find!

Till next time....................keep spreading the word and happy stitching

2 comments:

  1. Love love Love all the quilts and bags. A huge lot of eye candy, simply yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one word to say about all the quilts and laundry bags this week....WOW.....they're stunning, ok so it was three words, so sue me!

    Sucks that I won't be there tonight.....stupid Dr's, talk about spoil all my fun. Hope you have a drink for me JM.

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete