Wednesday 25 July 2012

Happy Mail Wednesday

Last week I received an email from Craig of C.A Boyle Textiles Pty Ltd  letting me know that he had sent off a small box of fabrics bits and pieces for Aussie Heroes.. Look what turned up.   I haven't had a chance to go through it all yet but already I have seen plenty of calico for laundry bag linings and even some black and white Aussie Fabrics.
Thanks so much Craig!

More Shoo Fly Blocks turned up this week.  These ones are from Judith
and I think they will combine beautifully with these ones from Bernice.
Just love those lighthouses and the skulls.

Edith sent two great masculine quilt tops.

The day I received this one I also read that the Lovely Warrant Officer visited the Dubbo Zoo with his family and whilst there he got to feed the lions!  Seriously jealous!  His lovely wife, who writes a great blog called Posie Patchwork commented on her blog that "those images are a post unto themselves, along with his reaction".  I sure hope she does a post about it but I wonder how she will disguise his looks - his head inside the mouth of a lion perhaps?


This Rainbow Monkey Fabric always makes me smile.


Edith also raided her fabric stash and sent me a bunch of Aussie prints too and we know they come in handy!

  And look at these gorgeous bird blocks.  These would be fun to play with!


 Leonie sent me a lovely quilt - her first - all ready to quilt - she even put a few pins in.  
Also included in the bundle was the binding for the quilt AND another roll of binding from Coral.
Thanks ladies.

 Now check out this bundle sent to me by Lyn .  This is a HUGE pile of 50 pillow cases courtesy of the Community Quilting Group from Sew Creative Gatton in Queensland.  They made them last year as part of the Million Pillowcase Challenge last year and these were yet to be distributed.  Given that I keep reading that our service people are enjoying having our quilts and laundry bags around to brighten up their bed spaces I think these will go down a treat too.


Thanks ladies!  

And make sure you check out next month's Down Under Quilts.  Lyn has a quilt featured in it as well as our story being in it.  In fact, generous lady that she is, when Lyn saw that we were mentioned in this issue as coming up next month she sent me a lovely email saying the following

"It felt great to see my quilt was to be featured in the next issue of Down Under, but even better to see it will also feature Aussie Heroes."

What a lovely think to say!  It is those thoughtful little gestures that mean a lot.  :-)
  
 I am still waiting to find out more about sending quilts and laundry bags to our dog handlers and their wonderful little mates but in the mean time Julie Ann has sent me this great laundry bag.  I have just the quilt to team it with and I just need an address - working on it.

New system for donating fabric.

I think it is time for a new system of distributing donated fabrics.  Lots of you are sending your fabrics to me and that is great except that I still don't have a lot of Aussie Hero Friends here in Sydney and I now have plenty to work with.  My idea is that if you send me a picture of what you would like to donate and how much in each piece, every week or two I will put the pictures up on the blog and anyone around Australia can put their hand up to receive it, rather than posting it all to me.  That way if Marg in WA would like some of the fabric that Tammy in Queensland has then they can arrange it between them after it has been on the blog.
Hope that makes sense.  Of course if you are sending me something anyway and just want to pop a bit extra in, always happy to receive.

Till next time.............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

1 comment: