Wednesday 18 July 2012

Happy Mail and a bit of cheek!

First up - as Aussie Heroes gets bigger my workload increases and I need to work smarter not harder.  There are a few things I am thinking of doing but I still need to iron out the bugs.   


One thing I am planning to do is reduce the number of emails I send.  From now on, if no one objects, instead of sending personal emails to everyone to say thank you when a donation arrives, and then thanking them on the blog as well, I will just say thank you in a post.  


I am thinking once a week, maybe every Wednesday I will do a Happy Mail Post.  Of course feel free to email me if you think I have received something and not acknowledged it  - in fact please do this - and also if you are worried that something may not have arrived just let me know.


I hope that is okay with everyone.


Now the following five quilt tops were sent in by Lynn and I will be passing the first four on to Nancy in WA for quilting.





This peachy one is heading to Karen in VIC for quilting, a long with a few other bits and pieces for her to work on.



Blocks from Shirley
Nice fresh colours

Blocks from Karen B
I do love those fun centres!

Blocks from Peggy O
Cool fabrics!


 Plus a great crochet beanie



Naomi from SA sent in a message that some of you might be interested in - 
Do you live near a Big W???? In the craft section, where they have the FQ's and metre remnant bundles, I scored two 1 metre remmies of Australian fabric (will take a pic shortly) for $5.28 each on sale...normal price is $6.28 a metre.

It is a great price for Aussie Fabrics.


And now - I thought I would start featuring some the blogs that post about Aussie Heroes.  Here is one called Nome's Brag Along.  Just check this out!   I am dobbing Naomi in here - can you believe that she called me the Matriarch!  Oh please!


Her response was: 

"But I calls you Matriarch with love Jan Maree. I just googled it's meaning and tah dah 

noun

1. a woman who dominates an organization, community, etc
2. the female head of a tribe or family, esp in a matriarchy
3. a very old or venerable woman

At the risk of getting my butt kicked, I'll select one of them for my reasoning....2....but could be bordering on being 1 & 2 combined...but only the nice parts of them!

You don't rule over us with an iron clad glove or steel toe cap boots, but are more of 'camp leader' 

Ok, I think I've just dug myself a bigger hole, so I'll quit while I still have a head!"

Matriarch!  Really!  Still I guess I should be glad that she didn't select the third definition!


If anyone else would like me to feature their post on Aussie Heroes just send me the link - and don't feel the need to accredit me with a title like Naomi did - LOL!


Till next time................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Good idea, maybe we also need to think about posting items back and forth, instead of sending all quilt tops to you maybe some can go direct to some that would be happy to quilt and finish some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea that can ease your work load without compromising the purpose is worth trying. So, good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my lovely friend, I feel famous now....do you think I could get a career as hand model in fabric commercials? lol Thanks for featuring my post....and again I is werry sowwy about the Matriarch comment/title but at the time I couldn't think of another name for Boss-Cocky :oP Hugs Nomes xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You quilting dominatrix you!! Love the idea of the Happy Wednesdays, great idea, love Posie

    ReplyDelete