Friday 20 January 2012

Marvelous Mail Call

Cathy from Queensland sent down a big pack of backing fabrics today.  I haven't measured how much there is but suffice to say that each piece will be more than enough for two quilts and they are all great colours for men.  The one on the left doesn't show up well but it is a great navy blue!!!  I love them all!  Thanks so much Cathy!
 And Sue, from the Injune Creek Patchwork Creek sent me another three huge bundles of binding!  This is SO useful!!!  
Last time Sue sent me a bundle of binding and fabric strips she apologized as she had been busy - her FIRST grandchild had arrived the night before.  Now I can tell you that the baby was a BOY and he is called LUCAS NOEL and is a beauitful little/BIG boy at 8lb 10oz... all are well.
CONGRATULATIONS SUE AND FAMILY!!!

If anyone, particularly those in Sydney, has any leads on getting batting donated please let me know.  We used most of our donated roll of batting on Wednesday layering 12 quilts and whilst there is still some left I can see that batting is going to be our biggest expense!  

Five laundry bags went into the mail today and a quilt to a lovely lady over there - a fellow quilter believe it or not.  I hope to get at least two more quilts, if not seven more, into the mail on Monday.  Depends on how long the quilting and binding takes.  Wish me luck!

I have few plans coming up ......  Think Block of the Month!   No more hints on that one.  

And maybe a Sewing Day for up to 8 Sydney based ladies as well.  The Block of the Month is in the planning for February but the Sewing Day plans will have to wait till my boys have been back at school  long enough for me to know what their schedules are.

Time to go sew!  

Till next time........happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful to get binding... as it is my pet hate of quilting hahahaha xxx

    ReplyDelete