Sunday 8 January 2012

Marg's quilts

I received an email late (my time) last night from Marg from Western Australia.  She has made to quilt tops and they are so bright and cheerful the guys are going to love them. 
 Every quilt has a bit of Aussie in them!  Love it!
 This one is my favourite.  
I am a West Aussie and I remember driving past the Dingo Flour Sign with my parents when I was little.  I didn't know you could get Dingo Flour Sacks or I would have searched one out. I think it is very generous of  Marg to include her one and only in this quilt!
Marg's comment was EVERY AUSSIE DESERVES A WAGGA!!! and I love that.  
Thanks Marg!

Till next time................Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea. My dalring son is in the defence force stationed in Townsville. He was on the list to go to Afghanistan last June, and beacause he wife was due to have a baby never ended up going ( I was so relieved. Sadly he knows quite a few of the young men that have been injured or lost their lives over there, and even for the boys that are not serving overseas this is a tough gig. I will definately get my creative hat on and plan a quilt for you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt Marg has sewn for the boys.

    ReplyDelete